Title: Communication for Sustainable Communities: A two day workshop with Glenda Mattinson
Location: TBA – check http://www.transitionguelph.org/events.php for details
Link out: Click here
Description: A workshop for anyone interested in, or curious about, living intentionally in community
Glenda Mattinson writes:
The three key foundations for effective and sustainable community development are:
1) A shared sense of purpose – the what and why of the community.
2) A group decision–‐making process that is both inclusive and effective (e.g., doesn’t get bogged down).
3) A community conflict resolution system that is seen to be unbiased, effective, and accessible to all.
With these foundations, the community can “build” the other things it needs.
In this workshop you can:
• Learn a simple four-element model that is effective in all communication situations.
• Practice expressing yourself and hearing others using these four elements & notice the impact.
• Experience a group decision–making model founded on these elements.
• Review the three levels of community conflict resolution.
…. and experience an overview of a powerful restorative community conflict resolution system, Dr. Marshall Rosenberg’s Nonviolent Communication (NVC) that is valued around the world for its effectiveness in creating clear understanding and compassionate connection.
For information or to register: please email Michele at [email protected].
Start Date: 2012-11-10
Start Time: 9:00am
End Date: 2012-11-11
End Time: 5:00pm