July 11, 2017 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
University Centre (UC)-University of Guelph
50 Stone Road East, Guelph, ON
Meeting in Room 441 at the UC
This workshop will focus on why self care is so important to radical organizing. We will explore physical stretching, breathing techniques, mindfulness and meditation as tools to better understand ourselves and our physical, emotional and mental states, as well as discuss how self and community care are aspects of radical struggle. By the end of the workshop, participants will have several different practical tools they can use on a regular basis, to help better manage stress and anxiety in the present, as well as process past events. The techniques we will go through can help us come to a better understanding and equilibrium with our internal selves.
Cee/illogik (Chris Bowen) is a yoga teacher, physical and energetic healer, as well as one half of radical hip hop duo test their logik. Using many different mediums to explore radical transformation of our personal, inter-personal lives and community, he is dedicated to putting his different passions into use to serve the broader struggle.
– this workshop is FREE!
– the room is wheelchair accessible.
– there will be access to an accessible and gender-neutral washroom.
– Vegan and gluten-free snacks (but not a meal) will be provided – feel free to bring additional food for your break if you’d like.
– Child care is available upon request with 48 hours notice. Babies are welcome in the workshop.
– Handouts can be made available in alternative formats with advance notice.
– Bus tickets will be available at the workshop.
– Unfortunately we cannot offer ASL interpretation but please get in touch to talk about how we can make the workshop accessible to you in other ways.
* Please help us to ensure a scent-reduced space. Perfumes, fragrances, scented products and cigarette smoke can be barriers for facilitators and participants. For more information on how to eliminate and reduce scents please see
Please contact us with any other needs or questions!