Title: WORKSHOP: Empower Everywhere Biodiesel from used cooking oil
Link out: Click here
Description: Description Facilitated by Handel Callender
This fun and lively workshop is designed to provide all the information on small-scale production of bio diesel from used fryer/cooking oil. It will focus on making bio diesel for your diesel vehicle, for electricity production in your home/generator, or for small-scale farm use. The content will cover the complete process theory, the equipment needed for setup, economics of production, and ensuring quality control measures. By the end of the workshop, you will have the enough knowledge to make fuel for yourself. This empowering and participatory workshop is perfect for beginners and a great refresher for home brewers.
Please note that ordinarily this workshop has a practical component, which may not be possible this time due to venue restrictions. Please inquire about future practical modules if you’re interested in some hands-on experience.
Handel Callender has over 10 years experience producing biodiesel in small and large production facilities. He designed and started the first commercially viable biodiesel facility in Barbados in 2004, but had been involved in the field for much longer. Now, he enjoys empowering individuals and groups by teaching what he has learned on his journey.
This workshop is brought to you by OPIRG-Guelph and the Guelph Resource Centre for Gender Empowerment and Diversity, as part of our 9th annual Summer Institute.
– this workshop is FREE!
– UC 441 is wheelchair accessible.
– there will be access to an accessible and gender-neutral washroom.
– Vegan and gluten-free snacks (but not a meal) will be provided – feel free to bring additional food for your break if you’d like.
– Child care is available upon request with 48 hours notice. Babies are welcome in the workshop.
– Handouts can be made available in alternative formats with advance notice.
– Bus tickets will be available at the workshop.
– Unfortunately we cannot offer ASL interpretation but please get in touch to talk about how we can make the workshop accessible to you in other ways.
* Please help us to ensure a scent-reduced space. Perfumes, fragrances, scented products and cigarette smoke can be barriers for facilitators and participants. For more information on how to eliminate and reduce scents please see
For information about the rest of this year’s Summer Institute please go to our website (https://guelphsi.wordpress.com/) or Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SummerInstituteGuelph), email us at [email protected] or call GRCGED at 519.824.4120 x58559.
Please contact us with any other needs or questions!
Start Time: 5:30 pm
End Time: 9:00 pm