Title: Decolonize & Anti-Oppression Community Workshop
Location: University Centre (UC) 442
Link out: Click here
Description: Taking place on Neutral territory.
Hosted by OPIRG Guelph
In solidarity with the grassroots community actions of Idle No More.
Please join us for:
– Discussion about colonization from an indigenous context within Canada
– Anti-Oppression terminology investigation & circle discussion
– Community organizing, meaningful solidarity building, conflict resolutions & horizontal group/community structures
Tami Starlight is traveling from Vancouver / unceded Coast Salish territory to Montreal / Mohawk, Kanienkehaka, & Haudenosaunee territory.
Donation page for those who cannot make it. Please donate and pass it on. (every bit helps):
Cost: $5 – $50 sliding scale; no one turned away due to lack of funds
– The workshop space, university building and washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
– ASL interpretation will not be provided at this event.
– Childcare is available. Please let us know the age of your child(ren) so we can plan appropriate activities. Email [email protected]
– Please leave your scents/perfumes at home, this is a scent-free/scent-reduced event.
– This space is also safer space = anti-oppressive.
For more info or accessibility requests please email: decolonizeantioppression@gmail .com
Start Time: 6:30 pm
End Time: 9:30 pm